Monday 14 August 2017

INDEPENDENCE #70

Growing up they called me a Paki
But I told them I was British first and then Pakistani
And now when I look back maybe that was my mistake
Sometimes I felt like a mistake because all I ever seemed to do was mistake after mistake
When alls said and done though all I ever wanted was independence
Then again, growing up in a Pakistani family meant I had to be dependent
Back in the day i was dependent on independence
Independently wishing I was dependent
Though when alls said and done you live alone and die alone
Growing up they called me a Paki
Sometimes I felt that it was my nickname
But little did I know, that it was their taking the mick name
And I aint taking the mick mate but no Paki aint my name
They call it name calling but most of the times they had Paki on speed dial
So i guess it's no wonder why they always left a message after my beep
Yeah after my beep that's why in class I fell asleep
You call me Paki but in your dreams i creep and I'm your worst nightmare
They said that we Pakistanis have a tight fist
But back in high school i never had a fight so get the gist
Growing up they all called me Paki
But now that I look back at the moment yeah I was a Paki
And my biggest inspiration was Amir Khan
So much so I wrote a piece about him in my gcse exam
Now I don't know what I regret more
Is it my gcse's exams or is it the fact that I wrote about Amir Khan
Yeah they said we Pakistanis have a tight fist so somebody tell Anthony Joshua I'm ready for a fight
Yeah I'm ready to wrong all my rights
Fight or flight? All I ever did was take flight
Growing up they called me a Paki
And fact of the matter is that I want to kill myself
You can blame my health and my depression
You told me to chase wealth now I'm broke and in recession
Yeah Bitch this class is in session
Moreover if you about peace then I'm about peace
But if you step to me Bitch I'll step on your grave
So you can call me a terrorist but Bitch I'm a pacifist, activist call me an anarchist
Yeah Bitch you aint fucking with my flow but this is a poem
Remember the name Sagey because soon the whole world will know him
Growing up they called me a Paki.

No comments:

Post a Comment