Tuesday 7 March 2017

FALL

She said the only time I come is to watch her fall
But I guess the only person to blame for rising to the occasion is me
We play the blaming game and fact is there are no winners
Lord knows losing you isn't a life worth living
I'm dying to tell you the truth but every time I say those three words, you say I'm lying
So then I scream I hate you, and funny thing is she believes me
Lately I've had enough of believing in this relationship
You say the ship is sailing but I jumped out at the shore because I was sure
I guess you could say that I'm drowning in your love
Then again I don't need you to be my life guard
Fact of the matter is that I want to jump off a plane with you
Because it's true that your love makes me fly
On the other hand lately it's like we're crash landing
Girl will you be my parachute and help me land on my feet
One foot in the grave? I'm prepared for both feet to be in the grave as long as I'm buried next to you
I'm buried in sand up to my head, though for you it's the complete opposite
In other words you've lost your head, you've lost your cool even though you're smoking hot
We bought a house together but it's you that makes it a home
When I'm without you I feel nothing but loneliness
Back in the day you were the one that decorated and refurbished the whole house
However now that we're close to separating you're stripping off the wallpaper
When I ripped up the divorce papers, it befuddled me how it just made you laugh
And it makes me wonder whether our marriage was always a joke
Moreover I know that I could only afford taking you out for a meal once a month
But that doesn't give you the right to count the fact that you provided 3 meals a day for us
Because when alls said and done Its the thought that counts
Lately I've been counting on a calculator more than you
Some people wish for us to be divided and I think of them as our enemies
What's more is that I can't seem to add up how our relationship has become more complicated than algebra
All in all I hate the fact that I have to see my son only once a week
I go to your office but I find that you're not there
When I go to the bedroom I see you burning our wedding album
And now our wedding is just a memory that will be forgotten in the future
You rush downstairs but then I grab your hand at the top of the stairs
Then all of a sudden you take a fall down the stairs somehow
I run down to check on you, but it's too late because you're already dead
When alls said and done though that's not the end of this story
Because that small fire you started in the bedroom turns into an even bigger one
In other words it spreads throughout the whole house
I think of our baby sleeping in his crib but then the chandelier falls on my head
On top of that the fire reaches  downstairs and smothers the whole house
All in all my last thought is of our innocent child that died because of our recklessness
She said the only time I came around was to watch her fall
But now that this terrible accident has happened, our souls have risen and gone to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment