Thursday 4 July 2019

DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH

I was born to paint pictures with words
I write scriptures that go unheard
You write fiction and follow the herd
But I'm a lion roaring in the dirt

They call it a jungle due to the snakes in the grass
Lifr is hard to grasp but I was born with class
I was born with class thats why I'm working
I was born with class that's why I'm hurting

Living in poverty but you can call me rich
Wealth is about numbers, who told you this
If I had one wish, I wouldn't take away this gift
Lately I'm miffed

But at the end of the day it's a new day
At the end of the day I just pray
They say a horizon is coming
So why am I running

Silence is deafening, cant you hear me shout
I've never been so annoyed and full of doubt
I'm not the one to blame it on Brexit
Evict me first if I ever quit

I voted remain cos I'm scared to leave the house
These so called extroverts act all proud
But on the inside they're crying
Tell you the truth they're just lying

Lying to themselves diminishing their health
They say play the cards you're dealt
That's why they call me a joker
Far from a king you can call me a pauper

If I had a million pounds my parents would be proud
If you ask me why aren't they proud now
They know that I'm gifted but they're not fully invested
They don't speak English so how can they be interested

Will I be successful if I talk about diversity
You can't take away my love for humanity
I ain't a slave to a government and their propaganda
They're saying I'm suffering from delusions of grandeur

That's why I paint pictures with words
Success I deserve, but family comes first
My parents say they don't speak English
But they didnt sacrifice everything to not live bliss and not live rich

No comments:

Post a Comment