Wednesday 29 June 2016

Center Of Hell

Growing up my life was a constant and arduous trial
Where I was familiar with a sheaf of denial,
And, I was taught what was right and wrong
But still, I somehow couldn’t manage to stay strong
Instead I continually found myself turning out to be weak
Hence why the future only looked to be bleak,
I guess warmth and love what I was really seeking
However, as time passed by I only found it more difficult communicating or speaking
In the short run I would break the rules
And in the long run I was labelled a rebel in school
I suppose it was easy for you to judge based on my academic achievements
And consequently brand me a failure, but I choose to view it as unsuccessful attempts and room for improvement,
If time and tide waits for no man
Then why do we all have so many missed opportunities; is this also part of gods master plan,
Is this god’s way of telling us there is such a thing as destiny, as well as fate?
They say that it’s never too late;
It’s never too late to always retake an exam
And rearranging the quondam diagram
But, what does one do when inflicted with purblindness
How does one see the signs to his destination when others refuse to show kindness?
I guess if I was never born then maybe I would never be in this mess
Also, maybe I wouldn’t have all these sins on my shoulders that I haven’t confessed
Perhaps, I wouldn’t be sat in my room writing all these poems and feeling depressed
If only they all knew how much I was actually blessed
Some say that expecting your life to be heaven is the reason its hell
So, does that mean that I’ll get heaven if I expect hell?
My life is the most petrifying of nightmares
Resplendent with nothing but despair,
The only hopes I do have are these poems I’m writing
But, sometimes writing down my miseries only gives rise to furthermore Catch-22’s that are furthermore frightening,
It’s like I’m on an endless trip to hell
However, what’s more terrifying is that I’m on a journey to the centre of hell;
I’m on a journey to the centre of hell where people show hate instead of love
The only reason I’m alive is because of the Lords will from above
Every day, I find myself pondering about fire and brimstone
But I guess I can only imagine what the future holds in the end and what it’ll say on my gravestone.


No comments:

Post a Comment